SRM 4.0: Shopping Cart Approval Workflow Issue

Ola Ladi ladi_ola2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 03:58:06 EDT 2006

Hi Lalitha,

  Thanks for your response.

  I have tried this option before but it didn't work, that is, I changed the user and the web transaction (from Employee Inbox to Approver Inbox) for the rejected shopping cart step. This is because the step/task that handles rejected shopping carts is in the Sub Workflow of the standard workflow template (WS10000129).

  In the standard process, when the Requester makes the required changes to the Rejected shopping cart and clicks on "Order Again", another instance of the Workflow is triggered while the current instance ends.

  I am looking for a scenario whereby in the four-step approval process, the four approvers can move the shopping cart within themselves by clicking on the "Approve" button to move the cart to the next approver and clicking on "Reject" button to move the cart to the previous approver. Only the final (fourth) approver should have the exclusive right to return the shopping cart to the Requester by clicking on the Reject button.

  Regards,

  Ola

Lalitha Sankaran <lalisan at gmail.com> wrote:
    Hi Ola,

  You could store the previous Approver Info in a container element and
  In case of a rejection , transfer the SC to that User instead of the WF Initiator

  Not sure if this will satisfy your requirement

  Please let me know if this worked

  Thank you
  Lalitha

  On 7/31/06, Ola Ladi <ladi_ola2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:       Hi ALL,

I am on SRM 4.0 and have implemented an extended version of the Standard one-step Shopping Cart Approval Workflow (WS10000129).

  The one-step shopping cart approval workflow was extended to a four (4) step approval workflow. That is, when the Requester orders a shopping cart, it goes through four approval steps. When the shopping cart is rejected at any level, it goes back to the Requester which is the standard approach.

  Is there anyway the Workflow can be configured to allow the rejected shopping cart to return to the previous approver rather than returning to the requester???

  I would really appreciate your assistance or support in achieving this.

  Regards,

  Ola