Automatically replacing a workitem

Alon Raskin araskin at eOutlook.com
Mon Jun 14 11:26:04 EDT 2004

My gut feeling (from the little that I know of your situation) is to ask =
'Why are users executing items and then cancelling execution?'. If they =
need some info first then I suggest you create an attachment so that the =
user can see what it is that they need to see before execution. If its =
because they are not skilled or do not have authorisation then perhaps =
you should revisit your work routing rules.
=20
I am sorry for throwing more questions at you (and more importantly not =
answering your original question) but it might save you more issues down =
the line.
=20
Alon

________________________________

From: SAP Workflow on behalf of de Valensart Schoenmaeckers, Patrick
Sent: Mon 14/06/2004 15:50
To: SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
Subject: Automatically replacing a workitem

Hi fellow workflowers.

I have several workflow steps which are using custom dialog methods. =
Very
often, users are executing workitems of these workflow steps, and then
canceling execution.
This creates a lot of mess because these people usually forget to =
replace
the workitem. Thus I would like to find a way to force them to do so, =
but I
do not see how. I bet that just adding a piece of code in my method =
wouldn't
make it, and that neither a secondary method would. Anyone has already =
tried
to do that (with a certain degree of success...)?

Thanks and kind regards,

Patrick