Workflow versioning: versions on development and production not the same

Fred Lunaspa fredlunaspa at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 4 07:54:34 EDT 2003

Hello,

I found out that the workflow versions on development and production are not
(always) the same. In some cases the version on development is lower than on
production, sometime vise versa. I know that when transporting a workflow to
production the system creates a new version of the workflow. Also I know
that it is recommended to create a new version on development after
transporting a workflow.

My question is: should I bother keeping the versions on development and
production alike, or not?

If yes, how can I do that? In case the version on development is lower I can
create 'dummy' versions that are added to transport requests that must not
be transported to production (otherwise the system adds a new version on
production and the versions are again not the same). In case the version on
development is higher I do not know what to do...

Regards,

Fred Kouw