Work Item Id = 0 in Log History (SWWLOGHIST)

Robin Sahasranam Rsahasranam at worldbank.org
Tue Apr 29 10:45:33 EDT 2003

Greetings WF Experts,

There are several thousand records in the Work Item History table (SWWLOGHIST)
with WI_ID = zero. Anywhere from 0 to  50 such records seem to be created each
business day. Most of these records are for METHOD = SWW_WW_EXECUTE_S. The
message associated with these records is ( 5W 140) "Work item could not be
found". There are no records in SWWWIHEAD table with WI_ID = 0.

As WF Admin, I have not received any messages in SAP Office for workflow errors
corresponding to the entries in the Log History. I am unable to figure out what
may have caused these history records to be created and if it is a symptom of a
potentially serious problem.  We are currently on 4.6c, but I have noticed that
these records were also created in 4.0b.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank