Object not appearing in Workitem

Lola Oluwa Lola.Oluwa at outokumpu.net
Tue Aug 27 01:15:56 EDT 2002

Hi Robin,
have you checked the "default method" setting on your custom object? This
setting assigns the link you see in the workitem preview to your object.
For display, you should :
   Ensure that the display method of your object works as expected in the
   object development environment .
   Enter change mode in trnsaction "SWO1" and double-click on your object
   in the basic data screen. Maintain the "defaults" tab for method.

Hope this helps.

Lola.

                    Robin Sahasranam
                    <Rsahasranam at worldba        To:     SAP-WUG at MITVMA.MIT.EDU
                    nk.org>                     cc:     (bcc: Lola Oluwa/Outokumpuext)
                    Sent by: SAP                Subject:     Object not appearing in Workitem
                    Workflow
                    <Owner-SAP-WUG at MITVM
                    A.MIT.EDU>

                    26.08.2002 23:55
                    Please respond to
                    "SAP Workflow Users'
                    Group"

Hi Workflow experts,

We have developed a custom Workflow using a custom business object which
has a
foreground customer task which appears in the Inbox. This task executes a
synchronous object method with dialog and  confirm end of processing is
required. This task is used to maintain comments on projects and requires
manual
decision to indicate if the input is complete.

When the workitem appears initially in the Inbox in READY status,  no
objects
appear for this task under the Objects and Attachments in the Preview pane
of
the Inbox. Also there is no entry in the Grouped according to content type
folder. When the item is executed and not completed (i.e. status =
COMMITTED),
the Object appears  under the Available Objects of the task but still not
in the
Object list and in the Grouped according to content type folder. All other
tasks
which do not require end of processing to be confirmed work fine.

We are currently productive on 4.0b and migrating soon to 4.6c.  I am
planning
to ask users to click on the Object link on the Preview pane to see more
details
and also use the Grouping folders to filter like workitems. But this will
not
work for the tasks which require confirmation of end of processing.

Robin Sahasranam
World Bank