How to copy Workflow in independent client

Dart, Jocelyn jocelyn.dart at sap.com
Mon May 21 04:18:27 EDT 2001

Hi Weidong,
Are you sure your workflow is client dependent?????

Perhaps this workflow was created a while ago, but I hope
you are aware that you should not be creating client-dependent workflows?
i.e. you should not be using "Customer tasks" (type "T ") or
"Workflow tasks" (type "WF").  These were denigrated quite
some time ago - see OSS notes 114811 and 152871.

Potentially you could try transporting these to your new client on
customizing
requests but I personally wouldn't recommend it.  Given the transport
problems we've been
having in 4.6 systems with ordinary workflows I'd hate to think
how it would react to "obsolete" task types.

Perhaps some other SAP-WUGger can confirm whether they've tried it with WF/T
tasks?

If you have used WF/T and want to convert to client independent,
use the task copy transaction PFTC_COP in
4.6c, to copy your workflow tasks (type "WF") to workflow template
(type "WS") to make them client independent.  You'll need to do this in your
current
client.  Once copied the workflows will then be accessible from the new
client.

You will also need to copy across all your customer tasks to standard
tasks.  The easiest way I can think of to do this is to use transaction
SWUD, TEST ENVIRONMENT option to get a list of all the tasks used in your
workflow and any subworkflows.

First create standard task copies of all your customer tasks. Then, in your
new
WS workflows, carefully change customer tasks to standard tasks making sure
you
keep all bindings the same.  Make sure you generate versions along the way
so you can go
back to a previous version if you stuff it up.

Once you are using standard tasks (type "TS") and workflow templates
(type "WS"), then the only things that are client dependent are:
a) The event type linkage customizing.  This can be transported
using customizing requests like any other customizing.
b) The agent assignment.  This is master data and should be done
fresh in the new client.

If you still think you need to transport them then you should add the WF
workflows tasks
and T customer tasks to a customizing requests.    Suggest you use
transaction SWUD
to identify the complete list of tasks as described earlier.

Regards,
        Jocelyn Dart
Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server, Workflow)
SAP Australia
Email jocelyn.dart at sap.com <mailto:jocelyn.dart at sap.com>
Tel: +61 412 390 267