Workflow EMail

Ronald Haut rhaut at hannover.sgh-net.de
Fri May 12 08:50:32 EDT 2000

Hi,

when I talked to SAP a while ago I was told that the URL is cut at 72 or
80 characters (I don't remember exactly).
This limitation has been fixed in the B2B component. So if you use a SAP
system w/out B2B you need to ask SAP for a fix.

Regards,

Ronald Haut
CSC PLOENZKE

"Dart, Jocelyn" wrote:

> Hi Kamaraj,
> Normal method for sending emails from workflow is to use a task
> with object SELFITEM, method SENDTASKDESCRIPTION, and set the Typeid
> parameter
> to "U" for internet mail, receivers are then email addresses e.g.
> "sap-wug at mitvma.mit.edu".
>
> To send the actual office object if you work through the programming
> beneath the SELFITEM and
> SOFM objects you eventually find there is a function module
> SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 which does
> actual send.  But honestly, it's a lot easier to use
> SELFITEM.SENDTASKDESCRIPTION than to
> manually fill the interface of SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 yourself.
>
> Regarding the URL, putting a URL in the task description works fine in
> Business-to-Business Procurement - I haven't noticed any limitation of
> 80 characters and some of the URLs created are definitely longer than
> that.  You need to make sure the URL is continuous of course and
> should cater for URL-encoding with spaces and special characters.
>
> What are you using to view the email?  Are you sure the limitation is
> on the workflow side and not part of your email system?
>
> Regards,

          Jocelyn Dart
          Consultant (BBP, Ecommerce, Internet Transaction Server,
  [Image] Workflow)
          SAP Australia
          Tel: +61 412 390 267
          Fax: +61 2 9935 4880