Workflow triggering through ABAP

Karen Weaver Karen.Weaver at rayonier.com
Thu Jun 15 17:28:14 EDT 2000

Kamaraj,

     Since your workflow works fine being triggered by your event, I would
     concentrate on the ABAP code.  The code should look like the
     following:

          include <cntain>.

          data:  objtype like swetypecou-objtype,
                   nevent like swetypecou-event,
                        objkey like sweinstcou-objkey.

          swc_container container.

          objtype = 'object name in BOR'.
          objkey = 'object key'.
          nevent = 'event name'.

               call function 'SWE_EVENT_CREATE'
                    exporting
                        objtype                = objtype
                    objkey                           = objkey
                        event             = nevent
     *          CREATOR                        =  SY-UNAME
     *    IMPORTING
     *         EVENT_ID                        =
                     tables
                       event_container      =  container
                    exceptions
                       objtype_not_found   = 1
                         others                         = 2.

     Also, do you have a commit work anywhere in your code?  If your code
     is in SAP code, do not code a commit work.

     Turn the event log on and try your code again.  You should see the
     event triggered and receivers started there.  Then check the work item
     selection as Dave has said.

     Good luck.

     Karen