[QIP-Sem] MIT QIP Seminar Series - Debbie Leung

Isaac Chuang ichuang at mit.edu
Fri Dec 9 15:39:55 EST 2005

The MIT Quantum Information Processing Seminar Series

Our twelfth seminar of the Fall 2005 semester:

Speaker:  Debbie Leung
          University of Waterloo

Time:     4:00pm (following refreshments)
Date:     Monday, December 12, 2005
Location: CUA conference room, 26-214

Title:  Fault-tolerant quantum computation in the graph-state model

Abstract:

  We first present a simple proof of universality in the graph state
  model based on the notion of composable simulation.  Then, we give a
  simple proof for the existence of an accuracy threshold for
  graph-state computation invoking the threshold theorem derived for
  quantum circuit computation, and obtain lower bounds on the
  threshold for the graph-state model in terms of known bounds in the
  circuit model under the same noise process.

  Joint work with A. Aliferis

http://qis.mit.edu