[QIP-Sem] MIT Quantum Information Processing Seminar Announcement

QIP-Sem Mailing List qip-sem-own at MIT.EDU
Wed May 5 11:38:30 EDT 2004

Next week's MIT QIP seminar will take place on Monday, May 10 at
16:00 in 4-237, and features:

Controlling Nuclear Spins in Large Hilbert Spaces

by Chandrasekhar Ramanathan (MIT Dept. of Nuclear Engineering)

ABSTRACT

Though solid-state NMR holds promise for scalable implementations of
quantum information processing, significant obstacles remain in
achieving accurate and universal control.  I will discuss some of our
recent efforts to study and control the dynamics of large numbers of
nuclear spins in solids, and the implications for QIP and quantum
simulation.