[Purple-Blurb] Purple Blurb on Dec 10, 10 PRINT event tomorrow

Nick Montfort nickm at nickm.com
Tue Nov 27 17:36:09 EST 2012

Dear Purple Blurb participants,

I'm writing to let you know about a special Purple Blurb event that has
been added to our schedule this semester.

Al Filreis, an extraordinary professor who teaches at the University of
Pennsylvania and is founder and faculty director of the Kelly Writers
House, will be here to speak about his Modern and Contemporary Poetry
("ModPo") course and its first online version, which he is teaching to
34,000 students.

Al has done extremely significant work in the intersection of writing
communities and digital media, and the online ModPo, as remarkable as the
course is, is only one aspect of this work. Al also brought the Writers
House at Penn together using digital as well as in-person means, and he is
also a founder of PennSound, the major free, online archive of poetry
readings.

Al Filreis will join us for a conversation about ModPo and related topics
in just less than two weeks:

Purple Blurb w/ Al Filreis
Monday, December 10
5:30pm
MIT, 6-120

Also, I and two of my co-authors, Patsy Baudoin and Noah Vawter, will be
speaking, signing books, and leading a Commodore 64 hacktivity connected
with our just-published book 10 PRINT CHR$(205.5+RND(1)); : GOTO 10
tomorrow in an Art Technology New England event:

10 PRINT w/ Nick Montfort, Patsy Baudoin, Noah Vawter
Wednesday, November 28
7:30pm
Boston Cyberarts Gallery, Green Street T Station, Orange Line

If you can make it out to Jamaica Plain, it will be great to see you --
and, I hope you'll be able to join me and Al Filreis on December 10.

  -Nick