[Purple-Blurb] Open Mic/Open Mouse TODAY 5:30pm in MIT's 6-120

Nick Montfort nickm at nickm.com
Mon Apr 9 07:33:54 EDT 2012

Please join us for Purple Blurb:

OPEN MIC / OPEN MOUSE

TODAY (Monday April 9)
MIT's room 6-120
5:30pm

This event follows on the strong success of our Open Mic/Open Mouse last
semester. The Electronic Literature Organization <http://eliterature.org>
is again co-sponsoring, but there's no need to introduce the ELO and its
projects this time around -- we'll get to hear solid readings of e-lit
from the MIT community and beyond.

We will have two special guests from New York:

- Alexandra Chasin is the author of Kissed By (FC2), and Selling Out: The
Gay and Lesbian Movement Goes to Market (St. Martin's). She teaches
Writing at Lang College, The New School.

- Ari Kalinowski runs the Intermedia Poetry Project: intermediapoetry.com.

We've also been promised that Kevin Jackson-Mead will read from a recent
collaborative project put together by his local group, The People's
Republic of Interactive Fiction. This is "Apollo 18+20," an "album" of
interactive fiction that is a tribute to Apollo 18 by They Might Be
Giants.

Please do come -- bring digital writing to read if you like or join us to
hear others. We'll have a computer with browser available and connected;
if you have something that needs to run on your machine, *and* you have
any dongle that is necessary to connect it to a standard VGA/HD-15
connection, you can use your computer, too.

All Purple Blurb events are free and open to the public. The Purple Blurb
series is supported by the Angus N. MacDonald fund and Writing and
Humanistic Studies.

Our site: http://nickm.com/if/purple_blurb/

  -Nick