[Purple-Blurb] Computers and Creativity discussion in Bartos 7pm Tuesday

Nick Montfort nickm at nickm.com
Mon Mar 7 13:59:51 EST 2011

Dear friends of Purple Blurb,

Our next Purple Blurb event (the first of three this semester) is coming
up tomorrow. I hope you can join me there and hear our guests -- a really
incredible group -- discuss computation, code, and their connection to the
visual arts as well the literary arts.

Computers and Creativity: The Intersection of Art and Technology

  Tuesday, March 8
  7pm
  Bartos (In MIT's Building E15, 20 Ames Street, downstairs)

A discussion moderated by

  John Maeda, President, Rhode Island School of Design

With

  Leah Buechley, MIT Media Lab
  John Cayley, Brown University Literary Arts
  George Fifield, curator & Boston Cyberarts Festival
  Mark Wilson, exhibiting artist

This event is held in collaboration with the deCordova Museum on the
occasion of the Drawing with Code exhibit.

If you haven't gotten to see the Drawing with Code exhibit at the
deCordova, it is really worth the trip. You'll find out more about it at
the panel discussion, but here's the URL:

http://www.decordova.org/art/exhibition/drawing-code-works-anne-and-michael-spalter-collection

It's up until April 24.

  -Nick