[Purple-Blurb] Jason Scott of textfiles.com, Monday, 6pm, 14N-233

Nick Montfort nickm at nickm.com
Fri Nov 14 17:07:42 EST 2008

Purple Blurbers,

We're nearing the end of the semester, and on Monday we'll have the last
Purple Blurb event for Fall 2008.

Jason Scott, creator of a sprawling video documentary about computer
bulletin board systems, and who is now in post-production with Get Lamp
(the interactive fiction documentary), will talk about digital media and
writing from his unique and incisive perspective. Jason was co-founder of
the demoparty(*) Blockparty, is a regular speaker at the hacker conference
DEF CON, blogs profusely at ASCII <http://ascii.textfiles.com/>, and runs
the largest archive of the text files that circulated on BBSs:
textfiles.org.

I hope you'll be able to join us Monday at 6pm in the Trope Tank, 14N-233.

  -Nick

(*) The demoscene is a bit much to explain in the middle of a sentence,
but it involves creating music videos that are driven by code and run in
real time. Parties are where these programs are created and shown.

--
-   Nick Montfort         nickm at nickm.com   http://nickm.com