[Purple-Blurb] Aya Karpinska performs Wednesday at 6pm

Nick Montfort nickm at nickm.com
Mon Feb 18 15:44:51 EST 2008

Purple Blurb is back for the Spring semester. After our successful special
event during MIT's Independent Activities Period, the Day of Interactive
Fiction, we are now gearing up for our first regular meeting of Purple
Blurb, this Wednesday, 6pm-7pm in 14N-233.

As if anything were regular! Aya Karpinska, electronic writing fellow at
Brown, will be joining us on Wednesday to perform her piece Lala, in which
a doll interface is used to manipulate a screen of text. Aya's work
includes 3D geometric gems on different scales and of several different
sorts, programs made to play in the contexts where VJs do, and
collaborative pieces.

I hope you'll join us. To see what else is in store, check out the full
schedule for the semester on the Purple Blurb site:

http://nickm.com/if/purple_blurb/

--
-   Nick Montfort         nickm at nickm.com   http://nickm.com