[panda-users] Pausing QEMU from within a callback

Igor R boost.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 12:29:51 EDT 2015

Hello,

I'd like to pause QEMU before some instruction, and then create a
snapshot. For this purpose, I call vm_stop(RUN_STATE_PAUSED) in
PANDA_CB_INSN_EXEC callback, which gets invoked before that
instruction. After the VM stops, I create a snapshot using "vmsave"
command (via monitor or QMP).
However, it seems that the VM doesn't stop at that point exactly -
instead, it continues until the end of the basic-block(?).
Is it the expected behavior? Is there some other way to make a
snapshot just before a specific instruction (maybe by calling some
function within the callback)?

Thanks!