[panda-users] ARM support (was: taint segmentation fault)

Manolis Stamatogiannakis mstamat at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 01:04:54 EDT 2015

I'm not sure I understand your question.

In VM terminology, Linux is the only *host* operating system supported by
PANDA*. I.e. you can only run PANDA on Linux.

On the other hand, PANDA supports several *guest* operating systems. The
guest operating system is the one which is analyzed by PANDA. Win 7 is one
of the supported guests.

The authors of ida_taint apparently had interest in analyzing Win 7, so
they built their plugin specifically for that. Making the plugin working on
both Win 7 and Linux would require a lot more effort on their part.

Hope the above (although somewhat simplified) help to clear things up for
you.

Cheers,
Manolis