[OWW-SC] More updates... GMAP Who's Online now working.

Bill F bill.altmail at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 09:40:57 EST 2008

I just finished an update to the "whosonline".

1. There's is a new preference page called "location". There are several
items that can be entered. The two that you should immediately pay attention
to are the lest obvious but the most useful: latitude and longitude.

>From MIT, this can be set to
Latitude: 42.359
Longitude -71.093553.

I'm adding a geocode lookup but for now this works.

To get your lat and longitude, just bring up Google Maps, find your site,
center the site by clicking on it, then enter the following line into your
browser and Google will tell you exactly where you are:

javascript:void(prompt('',gApplication.getMap().getCenter()));

Put the returned numbers into OWW. I'll make it automatic when I have time.

Then just embed the following tag anywhere and you will see a Google Map of
all logged in users who have valid latitude and longitude entered.

{{GmapOnline}}

This is a first cut. We can make it a lot more interesting. But for now it
will show the info on anyone currentyle loggoed in.

Last weekend, I went through the UMS login info. From this I've generated a
table of location info that I'm going to use to seed the OWW userbase. This
info will not be generally accessible: it will live in the OWW database but
will not be displayed to other users. The map markers  will be generated
using this info but.

When you click on the market, a link to the user's OWW personal page will be
show.

You can try it with my entry, currently the only active one on the map.

I want company folks... get those paramaeters entered!

Bill Flanagan