[OWW-SC] page DOIs

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Tue Sep 18 14:24:53 EDT 2007

    We've talked about having DOIs for every page as reviewers appear
    to not appreciate linking to the wiki even when you put a
    particular revision into the url, e.g.
    http://openwetware.org/index.php?title=Main_Page&oldid=70777

    As a real DOI server is expensive, I was thinking some social
    engineering is called for. I wrote a "doi" server at
    doi.openwetware.org, For example,
    http://doi.openwetware.org/oww70777 is a permalink to the above
    and I also strip away all the wiki crap so reviewers won't know
    it's a wiki. It's easy to make any doi knowing the revision ID of
    any page (available from the history).

    Anything it doesn't understand is passed to a real doi server, e.g
    http://doi.openwetware.org/10.1038/nature04342

    I'd be curious what people think and especially interested if
    someone who has had problems with submitting wiki references would
    like to try this version.

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899