[OWW-SC] Biblio extension to support arXiv.org e-prints

Reshma Shetty rshetty at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 10 12:25:55 EDT 2007

A couple questions

1) Do documents in arXiv.org have DOI's?

2) Are digital objects that have DOI's required to have a certain set
of information associated with them?  If yes, is there a way to access
that information (like you can for ISBNs and PubMed ID's)?

If yes to all of the above, would it make more sense to extend Biblio
to support references by DOI's rather just arXiv.org documents ...
i.e. go after the general solution.

Of course, I don't think that Genbank entries have DOI's so we'd still
need a specific solution for those.

-Reshma