[OWW-SC] Letter of support for E-science initiative

Jason Kelly jasonk at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 26 13:13:13 EST 2007

Hi SC,

Cameron Neylon is writing a grant to support 2-3 meetings about open
science over three years, including travel costs, and provide funds
for exchange visits.

You can read more about it at his OWW blog here:
http://blog.openwetware.org/scienceintheopen/2007/11/22/e-science-for-open-science-an-epsrc-research-network-proposal/

Also, you can see the (in progress) grant draft here
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dhs5x5kr_559gqg6x7

He asked "What I would like from the community is an expression of
interest, specifically the committment to write a letter of support
saying you would like to be involved."  I personally think it would be
great to have more opportunities to meet face-to-face and discuss all
the open science projects going on.

I'll volunteer to write up a letter of support from the OWW SC,
assuming that's OK with folks.  Please write me / the list an email if
you think this is a bad idea for some reason.

Thanks!
jason

p.s. I'll send out a draft of the letter when it's finished.