[OWW-SC] fyi: wysiwywiki...

Austin Che austin at csail.mit.edu
Thu Nov 15 10:50:09 EST 2007

    I agree this is great. And there is a preference option under
    editing to turn on/off the rich text editing and the rich editor
    tab for using it in some namespaces. I see no reason not to turn
    it on by default immediately and let whoever wants to disable it
    manually do so. Only by making it the default will we be able to
    find and iron out all the bugs with it.

    Also, I think the one remaining absolutely critical feature for an
    editor is auto-save. This would probably be a separate extension
    but I would like to see something like the following:
    When the page is closed without saving (I think javascript can
    detect page close as some websites pop up bunch of things on page
    close), the edited text should automatically be sent to the server
    via an ajax request and stored in a separate table. Upon the next
    time I try to edit the same page if an unsaved edit is there, it
    should either ask me what I want to do or bring up a box with my
    previous edits so I can choose whether I want to restore it.

--
Austin Che           <austin at csail.mit.edu>          (617)253-5899