[OWW-SC] Change to Welcome Email Content

Julius B. Lucks julius at younglucks.com
Thu Nov 8 13:20:29 EST 2007

Hi SC,

As discussed at the meeting today, I am proposing to change the
content of the welcome email to new users to be simpler, and to draw
them to their automatically created User page, which now has
introductory material as part of its text.  Please have a look at the
content below (or at this link http://openwetware.org/wiki/
OpenWetWare_talk:Welcome_email), and edit as you see fit.  Once we
have finalized the content, we will go ahead and implement the changes.

EMAIL CONTENT _START_

Welcome to OpenWetWare!

Your new account has been created with username UMS_NAME. To get you
started, we have created a User page for you at

http://openwetware.org/wiki/User:UMS_NAME

Your User page contains some basic information about you that you
gave us in your account application, as well as a mini-tutorial on
how to use the wiki with links to more detailed information.  We
encourage you to edit your User page to familiarize yourself with the
wiki, and to introduce yourself to the OWW community.

If you are interested in finding out more about OpenWetWare itself or
would like to help out, consider signing up for the discuss AT
openwetware DOT org mailing list here:

Thanks again, and we look forward to seeing your edits!

OpenWetWare Admin Team

admin AT openwetware DOT org

_END_

Cheers,