[OWW-SC] is there a language standard for OWW?

Ilya Sytchev ilyas at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 7 17:05:31 EDT 2007

Basically, if we enforce English as a standard, we'd discriminate
against the minority and if not, we might be discriminating against the
majority.
There is also a precedent with Google's social networking site Orkut
where non-English speakers became the majority
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orkut#Popularity_in_Brazil).
Still, I think we should not enforce but simply encourage the use of
English on the site.

Ilya