[OWW-SC] is there a language standard for OWW?

Vincent Rouilly vincent.rouilly at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 05:27:15 EDT 2007

As a non-native English speaker, I have never questioned the need/use of a
language standard to disseminate information amongst the scientific
community (de facto English for now).
I am not too sure how OWW can promote sharing of knowledge and collaborative
work if there is not a common ground in terms of language.

I understand that some pieces of information could benefit from being
translated to reach out some specific communities, but I would say that the
information should primarily be written in English.
If a common language is not picked, I have the feeling that the emergence of
different OWW language communities might undermine the synergy of the wiki.

best,

Vincent.