[OWW-SC] [OWW-Discuss] WYSIWYG editor for Firefox

John Cumbers johncumbers at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 21:13:27 EST 2007

I'm not actually sure that it makes it easier though, I suppose that large
list of buttons looks more like MS Word which most people are used to, to me
I found it a bit daunting.. I've just started using
http://www.wikispaces.com/ for organising a co-op that I'm in, this has a
simple but good WYSIWYG  editor in it and editing is much nicer than
wikimedia, mainly cause you don't have to keep re-saving all the time.

Perhaps we could try the extension out on new users and see what they think,
or old users who have had trouble editing...
cheers,
John

On 1/31/07, Sri Kosuri <skosuri at mit.edu> wrote:

> The following page describes a browser plugin for Firefox that makes
> wikicode more WYSIWYG.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cacycle/wikEd
>
> It's a super simple installation process and probably would be pretty
> decent for beginners.  Installation instructions can be found here:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Cacycle/wikEd#Complete_version
>
> I wonder if we could make this a default option for new users.  It
> definitely makes it easier for novices to edit.
>
> Sri

John Cumbers,  Graduate Student in Computational Biology
Brown University, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Box G-W
80 Waterman Street, Providence, Rhode Island, 02912, USA
Tel USA: +1 401 523 8190,  Fax: +1 401 863-2166
UK to USA: 0207 617 7824