[OWW-SC] news from NSF

Drew Endy endy at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 16 15:54:50 EST 2007

OWW SC folks,

I spoke w/ Peter McCartney in the Division of Biological
Infrastructure at the US NSF regarding our NSF BDI grant
application.  A copy of the grant is online here:
http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Steering_committee/
NSF_BDI_Grant/Description#Budget

NSF is v. excited about the proposal and OWW but would like to
receive a revised statement of work focusing on the next three years
of OWW development before making an official funding decision.

I would like to reconnect w/ Peter to discuss our response later this
week.

Given the recent NIH award (1-year) and the need to successfully
respond to NSF in order to secure longer term support (3-5 years),
now is a v. good time to consider our priorities for OWW development
(especially in terms of how we spend actual money).

Please contribute your thoughts here:
http://openwetware.org/wiki/OpenWetWare:Respond_to_NSF

This is an obvious topic for discussion at next SC meeting too.

Belated Happy 2007!
Drew