[OWW-SC] Spreading the open culture

Tom Knight tk at csail.mit.edu
Fri Feb 2 17:37:36 EST 2007

You may be interested in a push towards an open collection of circuit
techniques which has started:

Dear Prof. Knight

You may recollect our earlier conversation about an open web
environment to share knowledge regarding circuits. The conversation
with you was interesting and very helpful. I went forward to build an
interface for a web-based community for this.

Kindly see: http://scripts.mit.edu/~varun_ag/circuitopedia

It has templates and instructions for entering new stuff and some lay
categorization for circuits. I have added an example opamp to show how
and what kind of information about a circuit can be added and re-used.

I would like to hear your comments, suggestions and criticisms on the
platform. Also, I want to discuss strategies to get it populated. I am
considering both top-down (faculty, well-known designer endorsement,
support to trickle down) or bottom-up (students and amateur designers
take it up) or both approaches for them.

Can I come and see you some time.

Thanks
Varun

Varun Aggarwal