[OWW-SC] Wikis and patents

tk@csail.mit.edu tk at csail.mit.edu
Mon Apr 16 12:34:26 EDT 2007

That's right, although in the US you have a year from the first public
disclosure to file.  This won't help you if you intend to file in
foreign countries.  And disclosing the material is likely a bad idea
even if you intend to file in the US only, since others may then be
able to file broader patents around your specific work.

I'm more interested in using wikis as a way to invalidate patents than
I am in filing them.  If they are not trusted, then this becomes much
more difficult.