[OWW-SC] Wikis and patents

Reshma Shetty rshetty at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 16 11:34:03 EDT 2007

>From the article linked below, it sounds like the patent office no longer
considers Wikipedia an acceptable research source.  However, in general a
lab notebook is generally used to document the time and inventor of the
patentable invention.  So it is not clear to me that the patent office would
necessarily reject original invention documentation using a wiki (i.e. lab
notebook) as invalid.

-Reshma