[OWW-SC] oww.reddit.com

John Cumbers johncumbers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:51:09 EDT 2006

Hi all,
So the reddit people would be willing to set up oww.reddit.com for us, but
others did now want to commit to this just yet.   Given that we want to try
some sort of voting and commenting system out now, could we just go with it
and see how it goes?   The name OWW means nothing without it linked from the
wiki.

alternatively maybe we could have the not-so-catchy
biosciencewiki.reddit.com to start with.  Either way, if we embed it into an
OWW webpage then nobody is going to go to the main URL anyway.  We could
link to it from the main page to give it initial publicity, and if it works,
eventually show the top n articles on the main page.  I think this would be
a good way to experiment with it, but if you have concerns please voice them
now.

We could try and synchronise the logins eventually and we could arrange it
so that the comments and postings are licensed under creative comments.

Please let me know
cheers,
John

--
John Cumbers,  Graduate Student in Computational Biology
Brown University, Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Box G-W