[OWW-SC] web science

Ilya Sytchev ilyas at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 6 17:42:42 EST 2006

http://science.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/11/02/1832240

"Since its inception, the World Wide Web has changed the ways scientists
communicate, collaborate, and educate. There is, however, a growing
realization among many researchers that a clear research agenda aimed at
understanding the current, evolving, and potential Web is needed. If we
want to model the Web; if we want to understand the architectural
principles that have provided for its growth; and if we want to be sure
that it supports the basic social values of trustworthiness, privacy,
and respect for social boundaries, then we must chart out a research
agenda that targets the Web as a primary focus of attention."

http://www.webscience.org/