[Oww-Feedback] Contact us. (from Jason Bouvier)

Bill F bill.altmail at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 12:12:03 EDT 2008

Jason,

Mediawiki is an open source application. You can always download a copy from
http://www.mediawiki.org website. It's written in PHP5 and uses either the
MySQL or Postgress database.

Most hosting services provide PHP and access to a MySQL database as part of
your monthly hosting plan. I've seen plans charging as little as $2.95 per
month still include both of these components.

A lot of hosting plans even include the option to automatically install
MediaWiki in your web site as an option from their control panel.

If this isn't the case, there are many detailed tutorials that describe
exactly how to install MediaWiki. Once it's up and running, you're ready to
add content.

Here's a good set of instructions to follow:

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Installation

Good luck with it!