[Olympus] Talk on Monday

Norair Akopov akopov at mail.desy.de
Sun Jan 19 10:16:07 EST 2014

Dear Nicola,

Due to I'm not sure to be able to connect via EVO tomorrow, here are my
questions, which I hope can be addressed during your talk:

- I suppose you are using also Z-vertex difference cut, if so please give
the window?

- on page 3 you give the asymmetric coplanarity window:
 3.06< \Delta \phi  <3.20
then on page 4 your coplanarity window become symmetric:
 176< \Delta \phi  < 184
which one you are using to produce the final results?

- on page 4 your window for P_z momentum sum of the left and right tracks
is 1800 - 2200 MeV, why you are using this +/-200 MeV window? I think as
usually you should make a Gaussian fit for the corresponding distribution
 and then use +/- 3(2,1) sigma cut? It seems your 200 MeV is even less
than 1 sigma in this case?

-as it was expected due to worser momentum resolution your reconstructed
beam energy distribution (E_{0,2}) looks much wider and shifted in
respect to the expected 2 GeV mean value in comparison with the  E_{0,1}
defined with the use of only lepton and proton angles. Then you are
showing on page 10 the Q2 distribution. Now the question is how you
defined Q2 in this case: via only lepton angle, or via momentum and angle
(similar to how you defined W on page 9)?

- are you estimated necessary corrections due to possible overlap of
the lepton and proton ToF mean time distributions?

- how look the same studies for positron runs?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Norik