[mosh-devel] Mosh and 2FA

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 08:31:15 EST 2024

mosh leverages ssh to initiate the connection, which can be 2FA.

However the advantage to mosh is its persistence, so adding 2FA to it
periodically would make sense.

On Mon, Feb 5, 2024 at 8:15 AM Rafael Ribeiro dos Santos
<Rafael.Santos at uib.no> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Rafael and I currently work for University of Bergen in Norway, supporting users of our HPC systems.
>
> An user recently created a ticket asking to have Mosh available as his connection is not very reliable and I escalated to our internal team, which asked me if Mosh would work with the 2FA we are implementing on the servers.
>
> Since it is not fully implemented yet, I couldn't test it but just look for more information online on the GitHub repos and discussions. However, I just found very old messages from 2017.
>
> My question is: does Mosh support 2FA?  Are there any issues or details we should observe when installing Mosh and using with the 2FA?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Best Regards,
> Rafael

40 years of net history, a couple songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9RGX6QFm5E
Dave Täht CSO, LibreQos