[mitreid-connect] Connecting /introspect from localhost without clientid

Yannick Béot yannick.beot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 04:25:55 EST 2018

Hi,

I would say that the introspection endpoint must authenticate the client.

Extract from the RFC 7662 "OAuth 2.0 Token Introspection"

To prevent token scanning attacks, the endpoint MUST also require
   some form of authorization to access this endpoint, such as client
   authentication as described in OAuth 2.0

MitreID Connect, with its checkbox "introspection" allow a client or not to
use such endpoint.

Regards,

Yannick