[mitreid-connect] End Session and access tokens

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Tue Jun 27 08:41:11 EDT 2017

Yes, this is by design. The life of the access token is not tied to nor
indicative of the length of the session at the RP or at the IdP. It's
the ID Token that sets up the session at the RP, not the access token,
and even then the life of the ID Token is also separate from the life of
the session. And since the access token can be used for other resources
besides the UserInfo Endpoint, you don't want the access token to expire
on "log out" because the RP/client might still be calling APIs long
after the user has left.

  -- Justin