[mitreid-connect] weird "Not supported" Error message on /token

Stats Officer (MRE&W) statisticsofficer at mountain.rescue.org.uk
Thu Jun 15 18:44:34 EDT 2017

Hi,

I’m evaluating the stack and have a working MitreID connect server and the filter in a client application.

The authorise flow works but when the client attempts to resolve the access token from the authorisation code I see the following on the wire.

POST /my-openid-connect-server/token HTTP/1.1
Authorization: Basic bXJldy10ZWFtZGItZGV2OmFiYzEyMw==
Accept: text/plain, application/json, application/*+json, */*
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate

grant_type=authorization_code&code=N2L7Ce&redirect_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fexample.com%3A8080%myapp%2Fopenid_connect_login

…followed by …

HTTP/1.1 500
Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
Cache-Control: no-cache, no-store, max-age=0, must-revalidate
Pragma: no-cache
Expires: 0
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 22:25:01 GMT
Connection: close

3c
{"error":"server_error","error_description":"Not supported”}

I can’t find that error string in the MitreID codebase so wonder if its coming from Spring or something.

The JSON object seems to OAuth standard however..

Thanks for any insight.

Thanks

Rob