[mitreid-connect] obtaining a refresh token ....

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Wed Jan 4 07:10:08 EST 2017

If you're only approving "basic profile information" in the browser,
then you're not asking for the "offline_access" scope during that step.
You need to send "scope=offline_access+..." during the call to the
authorization endpoint (the redirect where the user is involved) in
order for that to be triggered. The "scope" parameter in the POST to the
token endpoint is ignored in the authorization code flow since the user
can't make an decisions at that point. Everything else looks correct below.

  -- Justin