[mitreid-connect] Creation of the ID token using the user name only.

Michael Furman michael_furman at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 11:28:14 EDT 2016

Hi Justin,
Thank you!

> Sounds like you're doing a back end access on behalf of a user without involving the user.
Probably it is correct.
I will describe the use case.
You have in your deployment 2 applications (that both you created).
Both applications are authenticated against LDAP (therefore you do not have the access to the password).
Also the user "bob" in application one is the same user "bob" in the second application.
And now you need to execute REST API from the backend of the first application to the second application.
Why it is a dangerous pattern?

I want to integrate both applications with RP and to authenticate against the same IDP.

Then I want to be able to access from one application to the second one on behalf of the user without the providing of the password.
How it is possible?
Best regards,
   Michael