[mitreid-connect] mitreid-connect IDP: support additional authentication schemas.

Michael Furman michael_furman at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 09:46:28 EDT 2016

Hi all,
I want to extend mitreid-connect IDP and to support additional authentication schemas, like Basic Authentication (or Kerberos).
I read the following document:

https://github.com/mitreid-connect/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server/wiki/Server-configuration

In the current version we have RestAPI clients that accesses our application with Basic Authentication.

I just want to ensure the following flow will work when we will start to use OpenID-Connect.

1)      A RestAPI client accesses RP (our application) with the Basic Authentication header

2)      RP redirects the request to mitreid-connect IDP using OpenID-Connect protocol

3)      The modified mitreid-connect IDP authenticates the request using the Basic Authentication header.

4)      mitreid-connect IDP redirects request back using OpenID-Connect protocol

5)      RP (our application) authenticates the request using OpenID-Connect protocol
Also, I hope the same flow will work for other authentication schemas (e.g. Kerberos).
Thank you in advance for your help.
Best regards,
   Michael