[mitreid-connect] I seem to have a problem with an empty keystore

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Mon Dec 12 17:48:37 EST 2016

Yes, the server will still issue a JWT formatted token for client credentials clients. The “claims” here are the claims inside the JWT, not the “claims” of user information or authentication event information in an OpenID Connect transaction. (Since you’re doing client credentials, you’re not using OpenID Connect functionality anyway, you’re doing plain OAuth, so none of that comes into play.) All of those claims should already be set in when the token is created.

If your keystore is empty, though, the server won’t be able to sign *any* tokens. Which means it won’t be able to issue any tokens. Is that the case? If so, why is your keystore empty?

 — Justin