[mitreid-connect] How is enabled the trust between an openID client and the mitreid-connect server?

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Wed Aug 24 13:56:44 EDT 2016

By default, simple-web-app is set up to use dynamic client registration:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7591

The server generates an ID and secret and hands them to the client as part of this protocol. This is not using symmetric encryption or symmetric signatures.

It is possible to use asymmetric signatures to authenticate the client, but the client needs to register its JWK value or JWK Set URI with the server to do so.

 — Justin