[mitreid-connect] LDAP OpenID Connect Server releases

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Tue Jul 14 13:46:42 EDT 2015

> On Jul 14, 2015, at 1:38 PM, Luiz Omori <luiz.omori at duke.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using LDAP OpenID Connect Server to connect to our production LDAP backend. A few things:
>
> 1) It fails for me when I try to compile against released Spring Server 1.1.16 after updating its POM
>
> Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project ldap-openid-connect-server-webapp: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
> edu/mit/kit/repository/impl/LdapUserInfoRepository.java:[11,38] package org.mitre.openid.connect.model does not exist
> edu/mit/kit/repository/impl/LdapUserInfoRepository.java:[12,38] package org.mitre.openid.connect.model does not exist
> edu/mit/kit/repository/impl/LdapUserInfoRepository.java:[13,43] package org.mitre.openid.connect.repository does not exist
> edu/mit/kit/repository/impl/LdapUserInfoRepository.java:[34,48] cannot find symbol
> symbol: class UserInfoRepository
> edu/mit/kit/repository/impl/LdapUserInfoRepository.java:[106,38] cannot find symbol
> symbol:   class UserInfo
> location: class edu.mit.kit.repository.impl.LdapUserInfoRepository
>
> UserInfoRepository seems to have moved out of openid-connect-common 1.1.16 and back for 1.2?

That shouldn’t be happening. Did you clean your build environment? You should be depending on both -common and -server, as well as having the war dependency for -server-webapp so it shouldn’t matter where that class is. Besides, it’s still in -common in the 1.1 branch, nothing’s moved:

https://github.com/mitreid-connect/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server/blob/1.1.x/openid-connect-common/src/main/java/org/mitre/openid/connect/model/UserInfo.java

> 2) Is this module (LDAP) part of any releases? I can’t see any in https://github.com/mitreid-connect/ldap-openid-connect-server <https://github.com/mitreid-connect/ldap-openid-connect-server>

This module has no official releases since it requires compilation and configuration to tie into an LDAP system.

> 3) Just curious: why is this packaged as a separate module instead of adding the classes to the core and handling the LDAP versus non-LDAP deployments through configuration? Is this module “officially” supported?

This project is more an example of how to build an LDAP-based version of the server than it is a standalone module, much like ‘example-server-overlay’. We also didn’t want to pull in all the LDAP dependencies to the core project when it wouldn’t need them.

There’s been talk about a dockerized version of this module with a setup script, but development of that hasn’t been a priority. We’d gladly host such an image in the main project though!

Hope this helps,
 — Justin