[mitreid-connect] how to change table name for USERS table?

Justin Richer jricher at mit.edu
Wed Dec 31 14:50:30 EST 2014

James,

That should be fairly simple. This table is only used by the Spring
built-in "JdbcUserDetailsService", as specified in the configuration here:

https://github.com/mitreid-connect/OpenID-Connect-Java-Spring-Server/blob/master/openid-connect-server-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/user-context.xml#L34

The table itself is defined by Spring as a default for this bean, and so
we pack that one in for simplicity. You can continue to use that bean
with a different table if you override the queries, as described here:

http://docs.spring.io/spring-security/site/docs/3.1.x/reference/springsecurity-single.html#nsa-jdbc-user-service

And of course change your DB schema to have the user information in
another table. Alternatively, you can create a custom user details
service bean to call your tables or services directly, which is what
other large deployments do. Most major deployments don't use the
built-in user details component and instead use a different mechanism
for user information, usually custom to the installation.

Out of curiosity, what is your project that it already has a user store
and yet you're integrating it directly with the ID server?

  -- Justin