[Mitkc-announce] Brief Report from the 2011 Kerberos Conference and Interop event (25-28 October 2011 at MIT)

Thomas Hardjono hardjono at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 28 15:48:16 EDT 2011

Dear MIT Kerberos Sponsors and Supporters,

We have just completed a successful 2011 Kerberos Conference and Interop
event at MIT this week (25-28 October). We had a number of exciting and
interesting presentation at the conference, with topics ranging from
traditional Kerberos items to the broader topics of Identity, Claims,
and Smart Grid security.  The slides from the conference can be found on
our website:

http://www.kerberos.org/events/2011conf-interop/2011slides/2011slides.html

Additionally, we had a very successful Interop event, with participants
and observers from Microsoft, Oracle, Painless Security, NTT,
Morgan-Stanley, Citi, NorduNet and others. A number of bugs were
discovered and solved, which is an important desired outcome of an
interoperability event. The Interop was a joint event with the Project
Moonshot community and the IETF ABFAB working group members. We had
pizza-lunchtime presentations from NorduNet (on their FAST-OTP
implementation) and from the Microsoft Testing Team (on their powerful
testing tool, applied this time to Kerberos KILE and MS-PAC). All in all
we had over 20 people attend the two-day Interop event.

The tentative date for next year's 2012 Kerberos Conference is Tue-Wed
30-31 October 2012 at MIT.  Please save the date.

On behalf of the entire MIT Kerberos Consortium community, we would like
to thank you for your on-going support for the consortium and its work.

Regards.

The MIT-KC Team

Thomas Hardjono
MIT Kerberos Consortium