[Mitkc-announce] Change in my role (and other good news)

Stephen C Buckley sbuckley at MIT.EDU
Fri Jul 30 14:45:31 EDT 2010

Dear friends of the Kerberos Consortium at MIT

I'm happy to announce that NetApp and the University of Pennsylvania have recently joined the Kerberos Consortium.  NetApp will take a seat on out Executive Advisory Board, with senior representatives from MIT, Microsoft, NTT, Red Hat and Oracle.  We are grateful for the support and participation from these organizations

I also wanted to let you know about a change in my role at MIT.

I've been asked to lead the newly created "Systems Engineering" area at MIT.  The Systems Engineering area is essentially a one-stop-shop for software development and delivery, including engineering, UI design, integration, QA, consulting, training, documentation and release.  These are complementary functions that made sense to group together in one area.  The Kerberos Consortium and its development team will now be administratively part of this new area.

Most of you have met Thomas Hardjono<http://www.kerberos.org/people/hardjono.html>, who joined the Kerberos Consortium as Strategic Advisor to our sponsors about two and a half years ago.  I'm happy to announce Thomas as the new Executive Director of the Consortium.  I have a lot of respect for Thomas and his abilities.  I think he has the drive and the technical knowledge to continue to move Kerberos forward working with you, our sponsors.  If he doesn't seem to be doing that, I'm still his boss so let me know :)

Kind regards,

Stephen C. Buckley
Associate Director
Systems Engineering