[Mitkc-announce] New Whitepaper: Best Practices for Integrating Kerberos Into Your Application

Stephen C. Buckley sbuckley at MIT.EDU
Mon Jul 7 11:53:57 EDT 2008

I'm pleased to announce the availability of our second white paper,
"Best Practices for Integrating Kerberos Into Your Application"

It is available for free on our web site at:

http://www.kerberos.org/software/appskerberos.pdf

This paper describes best practices for application developers who
wish to add support for the Kerberos Network Authentication System to
their applications. Best practices include a discussion of approaches
for integrating Kerberos, recommendations for when these approaches
should be used, and examples of code using the approaches.

This paper focuses on traditional client-server or peer-to-peer
applications. In particular this paper focuses on applications that:

·      Exchange data over the network

·      Run code on each network endpoint

Additional Kerberos documentation from a variety of sources is
available here:

http://www.kerberos.org/software/whitepapers.html

Thanks again for your support of the Kerberos Consortium.

Stephen C. Buckley
Executive Director
Kerberos Consortium
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
77 Massachusetts Ave W92-159
Cambridge, MA 02139

web: http://www.kerberos.org

mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/mitkc-announce