[Mitai-announce] Connect Cuba Discussion - 9/26, 5:45pm

Marisa Sotolongo sotolong at mit.edu
Thu Sep 25 23:36:49 EDT 2014

​
This week, Amnesty International will be supporting an up and coming
club, *Connect
Cuba <http://www.fhrcuba.org/connectcuba/>*, by attending their discussion
on internet access and human rights in Cuba. The Cuban people have one of
the lowest rates of internet, computer, and mobile phone access in Latin
America, though the government has the capability to provide their
population with internet access.

Please join us this Friday evening in the Student Center basement
(W20-001), at *5:45pm*. Cuban dinner will be provided, and we will be
joining the Connect Cuba members, as well as the LUChA [La Unión Chicana
por Aztlán] in their Latino Cultural Center space. I hope you'll join
Amnesty International in supporting this group and learning more about the
human rights violations that go on in Cuba.

If you have any questions, as always, please email mitai-exec at mit.edu. We
would love to hear from anyone who would like to present on a topic that
interests them!

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/amnestymit>
Website <http://amnesty.mit.edu>