[Mitai-announce] MIT Amnesty International Info Session Thursday 5PM!

Halide Bey hbey at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 19 23:09:44 EST 2014

[cid:e50a1532-79f0-4678-abf0-4f3e889a5ac4]

[X]
Join MIT Amnesty International's info session this Thursday (Feb. 20th) at 5 PM in Room 5-134!
Brazilian Dinner from Oasis will be provided.

When you watch the news about Syria’s rising death toll, do you wish you could do something about it?
When the earthquake struck the Philippines, did you want  to do something to help?
Are you passionate about human rights issues such as lack of education for women in rural areas, human trafficking, present day slavery, poverty, and freedom?
Would you like to get involved and do more?

MIT Amnesty International is a group of busy, MIT students - just like you- with a mission: to do a little more to use our talents and abilities to help spread human rights throughout the world among all peoples.
Some of our past activities include:

>  Stimulating discussion series every Friday (past discussion topics included prostitution, illegal immigrants’ rights in the U.S., human rights in China)
>  Human rights awareness campaigns (e.g. a photo campaign to illustrate MIT students' individual concerns & stimulate discussion on campus)
>  Working with non-profits to provide humanitarian charitable aid where most needed (such as working to send wheelchairs & medical supplies to Syrian refugees)

We are also recruiting members to join our exec board this semester, so if you want to get involved, definitely drop by! Please RSVP if you know you are coming (just so we have a rough estimate on the amount of food to order): http://tinyurl.com/MITamnesty

Hope to see you there!
MIT Amnesty International
If you have any questions, please contact us at mitai-exec at mit.edu

For more information, visit amnesty.mit.edu or facebook.com/amnestymit